Professional Pest Control For Springfield, GA Property Owners
Just miles outside of Savannah, the small town of Springfield is community-focused, sprinkled with locally-owned eateries and businesses, and the people here are known for being helpful and friendly. With the addition of the town’s proximity to the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge, residents of Springfield have it all. This part of Georgia is relatively warm with pockets of humidity all year round, peaking over the summer months. These conditions are ideal for most, including common area pests like mosquitoes, termites, fleas, bed bugs, and more. Luckily, there’s help.
For over 30 years, Prestige Pest Control has been servicing homes and businesses of the greater Savannah area alike with guaranteed pest control solutions. As a family-owned and operated business, we treat every client as if they were our own family, which means providing superior customer service, a team of technicians that you can trust, and fairly priced services so that you never have to sacrifice your safety. Contact us today for your free quote and keep your property pest-free.
Home Pest Control In Springfield, GA
At Prestige Pest Control we take pride in the fact that we’re family-owned and operated and have been since our establishment in 1986. That’s why we treat every one of our residential clients as if they were our own family. To us, that means always offering a fair, competitive price, having only the most professional and knowledgeable technicians, and offering unmatched customer service.
All of our products are EPA-approved, however, organic treatments are available upon request. And from start to finish, we’ll customize a treatment plan that fits your budget and schedule. We believe that everyone should live pest-free, which is why we offer both a free inspection and a free estimate. So let our family take care of yours with safe, affordable home pest control that you can count on. Contact us today for more information.
Why Is Termite Proofing Necessary For Springfield's Residential And Commercial Buildings?
Termite proofing and monitoring is the safest thing you can do whether you own a home or a commercial building. Far too often, property owners are unaware of what could potentially attract termites or don’t think they’ll actually cause a problem, and therefore, don’t rectify the issues properly. But when something as simple as leaving a mulch pile near your home or building can attract a swarm of termites, how can you ignore it?
On the other hand, sometimes property owners don’t necessarily know the extent of water damage that might be present, and that is one of the most common ways that termites come flocking. That’s why turning to a professional who understands every aspect of termite proofing is so important. With consistent monitoring and rectification, you can keep termites off of your property. Contact Prestige Pest Control today for more information about keeping your property free from termites.
Four Ways Fleas Get Inside Springfield Homes
Fleas are an example of what is commonly referred to as parasitical hitchhikers. This means that they find a host to latch onto and then go for a free ride right into your Springfield home and you might not even be aware. Here are four common ways that fleas make their way into your property:
Pets: The most common way that fleas get inside your home is by hopping onto your dogs and cats, especially if they haven’t been treated with flea and tick prevention.
Secondhand Furniture: While used items are most commonly associated with bed bugs, the truth is that they’re a breeding ground for parasites of all kinds, including fleas.
You: Though it might be tough to believe, something as simple as spending time in tall grass or thickly settled areas is enough to carry some fleas home with you.
Infested Animals: If you have the presence of wildlife like squirrels or raccoons on your property, they may very likely be carrying fleas and spreading them around easily.
For the safest form of protection against fleas, contact Prestige Pest Control today.
Commercial Pest Control In Springfield, GA
As a locally-owned family business, we know the landscape of your business and the challenges you may face on any given day. That’s why at Prestige Pest Control we strive to provide our commercial clients with the highest quality pest control solutions around. With EPA-approved products and treatments, a knowledgeable, professional team of technicians, and unparalleled customer support, we strive to bring you long-lasting results with the ultimate convenience. We proudly service medical facilities, office spaces, retail and more, so whether you’re looking to take preventative steps or need pest-specific assistance, we’re there for you. Contact us today for more information on keeping your business pest-free.
A Practical Guide To Ant Prevention For Springfield Homeowners
While the best pest control for ants is a professional one, there are some natural ways to prevent these pests and make it much harder for them to invade your home. Some of the natural ant control solutions include:
- Use sealant, like expanding foam or caulk, to block off holes, gaps, and cracks in your home's exterior walls and foundation that ants may use to get inside.
- Make sure you have a tight-fitting or locking lid on your garbage cans to prevent ants from feeding on food remnants.
- Don't leave any type of food sitting out on your counters or tables, and store leftovers in sealed packaging or airtight containers.
- Try to regularly sweep and vacuum areas where you prepare or eat food to get rid of excess crumbs.
- Spray a solution of vinegar and water onto countertops and tables as an added precaution to keep ants away.
The real secret to ant control in Springfield is working with the pros at Prestige Pest Control – call us today to learn more about how our ant control services work for Springfield homes.
Three Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Springfield Home
While there are several signs of bed bugs, including live bed bugs, the three most likely signs that you may spot in your Springfield home include:
- Blood spots on sheets and pillowcases: Since bed bugs prefer to feed at night while you sleep, it's possible that you may roll over on these pests and crush them in the middle of the night. As a result, you may find bloodstains on sheets and pillowcases.
- Excrement stains: Along with the bloodstains from crushing bed bugs in your sleep, you can also find dark excrement stains in other places where they're more active, including near walls, sheets, mattresses, or bedclothes.
- Musty odor: Bed bugs emit a musty odor from their scent glands. Although you may not notice this scent with a small infestation, it can become more noticeable as the infestation grows. If you're smelling a musty odor around your home or even in specific rooms, like your bedroom, it could be from bed bugs.
If you notice any of these or other signs of bed bugs in your home, your best bet is to call Prestige Pest Control right away for total bed bug control.
How To Tell If Your Springfield Home Has A Roach Problem
Maybe you've found an odd-looking bug in your home, or you see signs of a pest problem, but how do you know if it's really roaches? Here are some of the biggest signs that indicate a cockroach infestation in Springfield homes:
- Unpleasant stench: It's not always noticeable when cockroach infestations start, but as the problem grows, the pheromones that cockroaches produce cause an unpleasant stench that lingers around your house.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches tend to leave dark streaks behind in areas where they're really active, like around walls, floors, or baseboards.
- Discarded skin: Cockroaches shed their skin as they grow, and you may find pieces of discarded skin near places where the roaches spend a lot of time.
- Egg capsules: Cockroaches grow their eggs in egg capsules, and once they hatch, these egg capsules are left behind.
- Droppings: Droppings are a big indicator of roaches. Roach droppings tend to look like pepper or coffee grounds.
You're more likely to see the signs above than you are to see live roaches. Roaches hide well and are nocturnal, so many people don't see live roaches until the infestation has spiraled out of control. If you think you have cockroaches in your home, it's time to call Prestige Pest Control.
Why Professional Mosquito Control For Your Springfield Yard Is A Good Idea
Fighting mosquitoes in Springfield can feel like a losing battle on your own. There are countless factors that can attract these pests, including:
- Standing water: Mosquitoes use standing water on your property as breeding grounds, so you'll want to get rid of troughs that may collect water, empty your gutters, and deal with any other drainage issues that may cause a build-up of water.
- Flowering plants and nectar: Mosquitoes eat nectar, so if you're going to plant flowering plants on your property, you may want to place the garden in an area farther away from the house or add plants that naturally repel mosquitoes, like citronella, lavender, or peppermint.
- Tall weeds and grass: During those hot summer days, mosquitoes are looking for shade just like people are, and they will congregate in tall weeds, grass, and overgrown shrubs. To limit the number of mosquitoes that may use your yard for shelter, make sure to cut your lawn regularly, get rid of weeds, and trim shrubbery.
The only effective way to get rid of mosquitoes in Georgia is by working with our pros at Prestige Pest Control. We can significantly reduce mosquito populations throughout your yard to lower the risk of mosquito bites and mosquito-borne diseases.