Why Is It So Hard To Keep Mice Out Of My Savannah Home?
March 15, 2021
Some insects and creatures may seem harmless, but appearances can be deceiving. The majority of pests are detrimental. If they don’t wreck your belongings or Savannah, GA home, they will jeopardize your health. Their stings, bites, and scratches may send you to the hospital. Furthermore, you could encounter illness-causing germs or develop a disease after an interaction with a creepy crawler. The risks only heighten when confronting a species that reproduces at mass. For these reasons and more, mice are a big threat.
As if mice weren’t worrisome enough, it’s incredibly difficult to keep them away. With a little reading, you’ll learn why this is and how to get around the obstacles. Also, you’ll find out how Prestige Pest Control can be of assistance in your elimination endeavors.
How Do Mice Operate? What Are the Dangers?
As their name makes obvious, house mice are prominent residential invaders. They have gray, brown, or black fur that is short, with lighter shading on their abdomen. Their 7 inch long bodies have so much elasticity, they can get through foundation holes ½ of an inch in diameter. If passing by is a challenge, they’ll use their teeth. Dark interior areas that are humid and damp are most comfortable for them; especially if there isn’t a lot of human traffic. Cabinets, structural voids, and basements are examples of common hiding spots. Homes close to grassland or the woods have frequent issues with mice.
Your abode will slowly, but surely become a disaster zone with mice around. These pests will use any item as a chewing post to file their teeth, starting with walls, pipes, and cables. Once these things are destroyed, cosmetic and utility repairs will be needed. Electrical fires or outages may occur. The final financial costs of all this could be extremely high. Next, you’ll have to think twice about eating your food and touching surfaces, because they might be contaminated. Countless parasites sit in the fur of vermin. Their saliva and waste contain bacteria. Since they rummage through trash and sewers, they’ll accumulate additional microbes. Salmonella, hantavirus, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis are just three of the conditions they spread.
Primary signs of infestation are:
- Seeing fecal droppings with blunted ends and a rod-like shape
- Finding footprints with four front toes and five back toes
- Noticing scratching and squeaking noises
- Discovering teeth indentations on cords and foundations
- Smelling constant, gross odors
How Can You Prevent Mice?
It must be reiterated that it’s not hard for mice to enter your abode. Also, they procreate very quickly and in large numbers. Therefore, being steadfast about prevention protocols is beyond crucial. Thorough cleaning patterns, structural care, and lawn maintenance will be key:
- The amount of clutter must be reduced.
- Kitchens and pantries should be cleaned completely and often, as do the dishes.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum on a routine basis.
- Use only airtight containers for food and garbage. Don’t forget pet meals.
- Have leaks and moisture malfunctions immediately repaired?
- Seal gaps in utilities, foundations, windows, and doors. Use steel wool versus plastic and rubber.
- Flush out gutters, drains, and vents regularly.
- Distance greenery from the property by two feet.
- Cut grass and trim plants recurrently.
What Can Prestige Pest Control Do About Mice?
Commercial mouse traps won’t rectify an infestation, and chemical products can be lethal. Moreover, handling these creatures or their urine and feces is hazardous. That said, it’s best to leave extermination to the professionals at Prestige Pest Control. We have industry-standard traps, baits, and outdoor solutions. Our affordable and guaranteed services include entryway eradication and ongoing monitoring. Don’t hesitate to call us at Prestige Pest Control today!